Wine Road Executive Board
Wednesday Sept. 10, 2014
Wine Road office 3:00-5:00pm
Present: Renae Perry, Robin Calkins, Ross James, Sue Burnett, Beth Costa
Call to order – Renae Perry 3:10
- Checking – $26,812.61
- Savings – $220,208.09
- Error on report – cookbook income, showing negative, Beth to review
- Jigar is newest member
- Assessments – missing payment from 18 members. We’ve called, sent direct emails and mailed hard copies of the assessment to all.
- Fountaingrove Inn, Jenner Inn, Santa Nella House all dropping
- Should have final proof Friday, if all good, off to print on Monday – takes 3 weeks. We are ordering 200,000 which should last about 6 months. We have already paid a $10,000 deposit.
- CA Wine Month – Beth shared via email to all members all that we have done to promote SF Chron, SF Gate, various wine blogs, SR Airport signs, printed programs and Alaska Airlines magazine.
- Wine & Food – tickets selling, most wineries ever, ads all placed
- WINEland – working on poster and post cards so we have them to hand out during WFA.
- 40th Anniversary Celebration – Robert has small sub committee to meet tomorrow and try and hammer out details to make something special for our 40th anniversary 2016. Educational component.
- Visiting press – Elaine Glusac this weekend, Anne and Beth to tour meet with her.
- Silicon Valley tastings – working out details with LinkedIin, Pricewaterhouse and SalesForce
- Wine festivals – San Diego – press tasting didn’t work, Beth will try to have some individual press meetings, possibly radio spot.
- James Beard – fun gift ideas (chef and guests – 2 different things) – going to price out the Capabunga for both groups.
- March of Dimes – live auction package – done $2000 value
- Off the Grid – flea market and picnic in the Presidio – waiting to set up an appointment to meet with Matt and 1-2 Board members to discuss the pricing for the wine tasting and who gets the money.
- Co-op with US Airways – Wine Road to take 2 pages. Beth to work with the sale rep and Wagstaff to compile the editorial info.
- Food Bank – monthly volunteers – 2 months done, need to get more involved.
- Scholarship Endowment – dropped off check for $1000 toward endowment, Meghan to work up a press release.
- Meghan – working on press releases, business focus – other topics, new map, new Board members, new calendar – stepping into digital age etc.
- Member Meet & Greet – make it AWESOME: date & location – Beth and Sue to meet and delelop a plan for this to be something all members will want to attend. Meeting tomorrow Sept. 11.
Meeting Adjoured 4:35
Minutes respectfully submitted by Beth Costa in the absence of Stacy Rafanelli