FOR: WINE ROAD NORTHERN SONOMA COUNTY
498 Moore Lane, Suite B / P.O. Box 46
Healdsburg, CA 95488
CONTACT: WAGSTAFF WORLDWIDE
Charlotte Cleary/Marla McLaughlin
WINE ROAD OF NORTHERN SONOMA COUNTY TO CELEBRATE MILESTONE 40TH ANNIVERSARY IN 2016
HEALDSBURG, CA (July , 2015) – Wine Road of Northern Sonoma County today announced “The Road to Ruby,” a yearlong celebration recognizing the association’s historic 40th “ruby” anniversary taking place in 2016. Beginning in January 2016, numerous special events, partnerships, and activities will take place throughout the year, culminating with a “Ruby Affair” gala in May and “40 Years of Cheers” community event in July.
From humble beginnings with nine founding winery members in 1976 to a world-class wine tourism destination, Wine Road now represents 200 wineries and over 50 lodgings throughout the Alexander, Dry Creek, and Russian River Valleys. One of the oldest association of its kind in California, Wine Road’s legacy and impact on the region has been shaped not only by its members, but by the support of the community at large. A major player in the evolution of the wine industry in Sonoma County, Wine Road plans to recognize this landmark achievement with a number of festivities throughout 2016, including:
- “Instant Cellar”: One bottle of wine from each Wine Road member will go towards creating an “Instant Cellar” bottle collection, which will be raffled off in December. All proceeds will benefit the Redwood Empire Food Bank.
- The Art of Oak: Local artists will be commissioned to create custom wine barrels to be displayed at Wine Road wineries and lodgings, which will be auctioned off at the “Ruby Affair” gala.
- Breakfast with the Winemaker: During Wine Road’s flagship Winter WINEland, Barrel Tasting and A Wine & Food Affair events in January, March and November special breakfasts featuring a panel of Wine Road winemakers will offer a spot at the table with some of the major names responsible for shaping the wine industry in Sonoma County.
- A Ruby Affair Gala: A special evening on May 14, 2016 will include a sit down dinner, live music and dancing, a silent and live auction and a showcase of the founding members of the Wine Road.
- Magical Mystery Tours: Starting in the Healdsburg Square, guests will board a mystery bus on June 18, 2016 to one of the three Wine Road AVAs. The day of tastings will include five stops, all complete with wine, food, and special experiences.
- 40 Years of Cheers: A festival put on by Wine Road for the Healdsburg community on July 23, 2016, this daytime event will include live music, food from local restaurants, book signings with local authors, a display from the Healdsburg museum, arts/crafts and of course—wine.
Additional events will continue to be added throughout the year, including scavenger hunts, sensory tastings, and special tastings with focuses on Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir, and Zinfandel. A documentary film is in the works with a red carpet release planned for May 2016. For more information on Wine Road’s 40th anniversary, please visit the Wine Road website.
ABOUT WINE ROAD NORTHERN SONOMA COUNTY:
The Wine Road is a travel resource for those looking to visit the region, which is famous for its renowned wine producers and cuisine, scenic beauty, and wine country lifestyle. The association hosts three celebrated wine events throughout the year, “Winter WINEland” in January; “Barrel Tasting” in March; and “A Wine and Food Affair” in November. Made up of 190 vintners and 50 lodgings throughout the Alexander, Dry Creek, and Russian River Valleys in Sonoma County, something is always going on along the Wine Road. To plan your next trip, please visit: www.wineroad.com. For additional information, or to request a free map, contact Beth Costa at 800.723.6336 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the Wine Road on Twitter and Facebook.
For more information, please contact Charlotte Cleary or Marla McLaughlin at Wagstaff Worldwide: