Wine Road Executive Board Meeting
Thursday September 24, 2015
Wine Road office – 9:00-11:00am
9:05 Meeting called to order by Robin Calkins9:30 Approval of August minutes – Sue made motion to approve minutes as they were presented, Robert 2nd the motion all in favor. Minutes approved
9:35 Treasurer’s Report – $70847.55 in checking, $170231.54 in savings
9:45 New Logo Design – timeline for rolling it out. Beth to send email to our members with new look and details of process . Send Oct. 1st, then begin making switch internally, ideally new “member signs” out in January. Order new stationary and cards etc as needed when reordering.
- CA Wine Month – 50 wineries participated
- Wine & Food Affair – moving forward
- Winter WINEland – sign up will be done online this year via Eventbrite.
Capabunga – we will give to members after Wine & Food Affair so they can begin to share the “4oth news” with their customers. We will order enough to have 20 per member.
10:15 40th Anniversary
- Sponsors – painfully slow. Thus far only vendors that Wine Road uses have come through, no banks, barrel folks etc. Still working on it!Art of Oak – about half done with business sponsors, slowly getting artists.
- Member Sign-Up – more SLOW going – we will send another notice with more details in the next couple of weeks.
10:30 PRMD Update – HUGE issue. Sonoma County Vintners will provide us with a n outline for a letter writing campaign we can forward to our members. Beth has been attending weekly meetings on this issue.
10:40 Public Relations
- East Coast Press Trip / SF Travel – itinerary is done, SF Travel has a great line up for their dinner in NY.
- 40th gifts and new press kit/history – clocks done, press kit printed
- Central Coast – going tomorrow with 3 winery members.
- Sacramento – lunch is next week, we have 8 RSVPs thus far – good number to work with .
10:50 ABC licensing update – looks like we will need to pay for WFA, but Beth is working with our attorney to draft an argument before Wineland rolls around. Cost is $25 per winery, per day – WFA = $5350.
10:55 Old Business – Grants – we were given a $1000 grant, not worth our time to persue. Beth will make an appointment to meet with Ben Stone to find out how we can go about getting more. We expected $10,000.
11:00 New Business
Meeting wrapped up- at 11:10
Minutes respectfully submitted by Beth Costa (Stacy Rafanelli is on maternity leave)