Events & Marketing Committee
August 31, 2016 9:00am
Wine Road NEW office 1437 Grove Street, Healdsburg
Attendees: Beth Costa, Laura Stafford, Carla Jefferies, Nancy Beeken, Joe Foppoli, Pauline Block, Eric Markson, Bruce Thomas, Aaron Krug, Rebecca Germolus
Wine & Food Affair – launching tickets this afternoon or tomorrow!
Explore Wine Road
- 1st Saturday in May
- Keep date to stay consistent.
- Only one day.
- Need to keep event for Social Media presence.
- Focus on By Appt Only wineries to draw ticket sales.
- “Behind the Scenes” “No Appointment Needed”
- Include lodgings
- “Open House”
- Still think partnering with Sonoma County Parks is a good idea…need to see how all ties together.
Winter WINEland – 25th Annual
- Lights supplied to participants…10,000 lights? 20,000 lights? – maybe, depends on theme.
- “Vintages, Varietals, Verticals” bringing the focus back to the wine.
- Library Weekend-
- Draw ticket buyers with something they cannot get on a normal visit to participating wineries.
- “Enlighten Your Palate” to tie lights and library together.
- Library Weekend-
Breakfast with the Winemakers
- Planned for WFA- 1 location, 20ppl, 3 winemakers, 1 mediator.
- WINEland and Barrel Tasting-
- Same as this year’s WFA, much easier to manage and sell tickets.
Magical Mystery Tours
- Very successful, plan to do 4 in 2017 on selected Saturdays.
- 3 tours, 1 per AVA, maybe urban
- 1 bus, 20 ppl, $100 pp, 1 host, loose menu on ticket site,
- Beth, Debbie & Laura to Set dates – outline, # of wineries, host, reimbursement, ticket price
Progressive Dinner (along lines of Magical Mystery Tour)
- “Wine Road After Dark”-Walking tour in Healdsburg
- 1 lodging to start with reception, 4 wineries with small bites.
Bloggers Conference- Nov 9-12, 2017
- 10th Year, taking place in Sonoma County, Thursday-Sunday
- Wine Road would like to tie in events on Wed prior & Monday following:
- Wed-Cab, Zin, Pinot “classes” based on 40th events with AVA partners,
- Mon-Magical Mystery Tour, 3 tours to different AVAs
Press Trips October & November
- Omaha Nebraska –
- Beth is so excited to me invited. Great attendees and fabulous cause to associate with the Wine Road.
- Need gift idea for high end dinner guests 10- Clocks from barrel staves, Laura to check how many we have left from last year Press Trip.
- SF Travel in NY –
- Need gifts for 30 press- 40th Anniversary Blankets, Laura to check # in warehouse.
Current brand message
- 200 wineries, 50 lodgings, 3 valleys, 1 road – Wine Road
- New spin for 2017?-no, everyone likes current.
Putting all of our eggs in 1-2 baskets –
- Should we switch focus to new target market and spread ads?
Food and Wine Magazine – yes
Sunset Magazine – yes
The Skimm – yes
Continue with Alaska Airlines – no
- Continue strong Social Media presence.
- Continue – San Diego, Central Coast, Monterey, VinDiego
Next meeting scheduled September 28th 9:00 am @ Wine Road Office