Hello Wine Road members –
We are looking to expand our Wine Road Blog to post every week, maybe even twice a week.
We need ENGAGING PERSONAL STORIES FROM OUR MEMBERS.
That’s where you come in.
An example of this type of blog is here – The Players Tribune
These are all athletes, you are all winemakers, winery owners, innkeepers and you also have compelling stories to tell. Please share this with your key staff also, as they may have a writers bug and a good story to tell. Funny or inspirational interaction with a guest, lesson learned the hard way in the hospitality business, highlight of working in the hospitality industry. The sky is the limit.
We don’t need another post about the pH in your wines, the comparison of American or French Oak, we need real life, true stories. Essays that will make our readers want to open the next blog post.
1. What is the one thing people would be surprised to know about you?
2. What is your favorite hobby / pastime?
3. What fork in the road was critical in your life?
4. Who is your hero / Why?
5. What are you most proud of because it was difficult or challenging?
6. What was the most useful lesson you ever learned?
7. If you could go on a sabbatical for a year, what would you do?
8. What did you want to be when you grew up?
9. If your house was on fire and you could only grab one thing – what would it be?
10. What is your most cherished tradition?
11. What is the best compliment you have ever received?
12. At what age were you free to do / learn what your loved?
13. Is there a cause you donate to, via your wines – why, what’s the story behind the donation.
We share the link to our blog on our home page, via our social media, we talk about it on our podcast and IF (when) we get more input from our members we will put some $$ behind promoting it.
Our visitors want to know what makes us tick here, they want to connect with us in a personal way, not just about wine, but about what’s important to you. Is that coaching your kids little league, volunteering somewhere, fly fishing vacations, winemaking on another continent…there are SO many options.
Let us help promote YOU. We will all benefit.
We are looking for 500-1000 words and 1-2 photos to go with the story. We will upload to our blog, just send us a WORD doc. with the photos.
The sooner we hear from you the better. The more we hear from members the better.
If you want to tell your story to someone but not actually be the writer, we can help with that too. Jolene Patterson is happy to come interview you and write the story.
Let me know if you have an idea so we can make this happen!
BETH COSTA | Executive Director
1437 Grove Street, Healdsburg, CA 95448
PO Box 46, Healdsburg, CA 95448
707.433.4335 | C: 707.812.4213 | F: 707.433.4374
email | website