Public Relations Recap, January 2017
Since I began doing PR on a project basis in November, I have been working to update, vet and expand our local event media. In the attached spreadsheet, you can see how the list continues to expand as new writers are vetted or express interest in Wine Road. Now that our three main events are close to concluding for the year, we can work to maintain this list and pitch our local media on other topics, outside of our events.
- Barrel Tasting Invite/Pitch to local journalists. This is ongoing outreach until the event concludes. (see spreadsheet for media list)
Winter WINEland Media
- The Winter WINEland press release went out to media in late November/early December. Event pickup included:
- Worth the Trip: http://www.nbclosangeles.com/blogs/worth-the-drive/January-Jaunt-Winter-WINEland-407548575.html
- Haute Happenings: http://hauteliving.com/2017/01/food-wine-events-bay-area-january-2017/627143/?market=san-francisco
- Two Guys from Napa: http://twoguysfromnapa.com/2017/01/winter-wineland-25th-anniversary/
- The following media attended the event and have written or should be writing about Wine Road/WINEland soon. Links included for articles already written.
- Stephanie Christofferson, writer, Edible Marin/Sonoma Magazine: Doing a story for Spring 2017 issue on Healdsburg. Attended event to visit Healdsburg wineries.
- Tim McNally, New Orleans Magazine/Wine & Spirits Radio Show: Blog Post http://www.myneworleans.com/Blogs/Happy-Hour/January-2017/Working-Hard-at-Getting-Away-to-Relax/
- Erin Lynch, Blogger, Platingsandpairings.com: Posted on blog re: WW: http://www.platingsandpairings.com/winter-wineland-sonoma-wine-tasting/
- Brooke Herron, Sonoma Lifestyles Magazine (new pub): First issue scheduled to be out in March/April 2017. She was given multiple assignments the issue and was focusing on new Wine Road wineries during WINEland.
- Katie Sweeney, Forbes.com: Writing Forbes Travel Guide story about wineries that are good to visit in the winter. She requested the list of tasting rooms with fireplaces.
- Julie Fadda Powers, Sonoma Magazine: March/April “sipping” (tasting rooms) article for Sonoma magazine and was seeking wineries with cool gardens, as well as new Wine Road wineries.
- Joni, North Bay Biz: Submitted pictures to Biz Scene section in April/May Magazine
- Morgan, Napa/Sonoma Magazine: Requested photos and small description of WW for March 2017 issue.
- Alexandra Russell, Spirited Magazine: New trade publication. First issue is March / April 2017. (She was also a décor judge for us).
Social Media & Media Influencers / Winter WINEland (several served as décor judges)
- Dave Razarri, #SonomaChat
- Ken Wagonner, AlaWine
- Shana & Jeff Bull, #SonomaChat
- Amy Lieberfarb, #SonomaChat
- Jolene Patterson, Discover Sonoma County Wine
- Sherri Housman, #SonomaChat
- Ziggy Eischliman, Ziggy the Wine Gal
- Michele Marques, KSRO Radio
Other Pending Media
- Devon Baldwin, Blogger: Barrel Tasting interest
- Gio Gutierrez, Chat Chow TV: Barrel Tasting
- Vaughn Lowery, 360 Lifestyle Magazine: Visiting, would like April 1st tour preferably with bike related wine tasting.
- Beth in Washington DC, possible media appointments
- Honeymoon Pitch (long lead only) focusing on Wine Road as a Honeymoon Destination
- Magical Mystery Tour press release for short and long lead. We are considering using a wire service for event outreach in addition to regular pitches.
- Concierge Pitch