We have three seminars lined up for JANUARY – please sign up via EVENTBRITE use the password WineRoadEducation
Tips Training – Responsible Beverage Service – $15.00
This class gets you certified in beverage service for three years.
We HIGHLY recommend anyone new to wine service and tasting rooms take this class.
Learn the signs of an intoxicated taster, how to manage cutting someone off, learn your legal responsibilities.
Tuesday Jan. 5 – Hilton Garden Inn off Airport Blvd 9:00-12:00, coffee and muffins provided TIPS® (Training for Intervention ProcedureS) is a dynamic, skills-based training program designed to prevent intoxication, drunk driving and underage drinking by enhancing the fundamental “people skills” of servers, sellers and consumers of alcohol. TIPS gives individuals the knowledge and confidence they need to recognize potential alcohol-related problems and intervene to prevent alcohol-related tragedies.
• Minimize property damage caused by intoxicated patrons
• Protect your bottom line by reducing penalties for alcohol violations.
• Legal Protection – In third-party liquor liability lawsuits, TIPS provides a “reasonable efforts defense.” Read more about Understanding Liability.
• Regulatory Compliance – TIPS training satisfies the requirements in most states that regulate server training. View the regulations in your state.
• Insurance Discounts – Many insurance companies provide discounts to establishments whose employees are TIPS-certified. View TIPS Verified Insurance Agencies.
• Enhanced Community Standing – TIPS leads the way in framing the debate about responsible alcohol service and clarifying the distinction between drinking and drunkenness.
Marketing with Rebecca – Honing Your Brand – $10.00
Thursday, January 14 from 9 – 10:30am Wine Road office
This workshop recaps the fundamentals of branding and why branding is key to your winery’s or lodging’s success. We’ll also discuss best practice for honing your brand.
Wine Sensory Tasting with Nancy Gaeden – $80.00
Hosted at Sbragia Family Vineyards.
Join this unique wine tasting experience using the deductive tasting methodology in the tradition of the Court of Master Sommeliers.
• Facilitated by Nancy Gaeden, Certified Sommelier, we will be
fine tuning our senses in exploring and comparing the characteristics of 6 varietals.
• Please join us for this fun and educational opportunity to
enhance your senses and broaden your wine vocabulary in
speaking with your customers!
Sign up for seminars via Eventbrite use the password: WineRoadEducation