Barrel Tasting 2019
Wine Road – Northern Sonoma County
BARREL TASTING – TWO WEEKENDS…..
March 1-3 & March 8-10, 2019
11:00 am – 4:00 pm each day
Tickets On Sale Now!
Members of the Wine Road would like to welcome you to our wineries and lodgings for an exciting weekend of wine tasting. This is your chance to sample wines from the barrel, talk to winemakers and explore the beautiful Alexander, Dry Creek and Russian River Valleys.
Barrel Tasting is not a food pairing or themed event. It’s all about the WINE…many wineries offer “futures” on their barrel samples. This is a chance to purchase wine now, often at a discount, then come back to the winery when the wine is bottled, typically 12-18 months from now. Many wines are so limited, buying futures is your only chance to purchase them.
Attendees are encouraged to pack a picnic as most wineries will not have food for this event. The ticket price includes the opportunity to sample wine from the barrel and in most cases also trying a limited number of current release wines.
New This Year: Toast the Future Friday Night Event
Both Fridays March 1st and March 8th, 5pm – 7pm
Join us at these special evening events to kick off your Barrel Tasting Experience. From 5–7pm at your selected Toast the Future winery you will enjoy both barrel and current vintage tastings, appetizers and have the opportunity to meet winemakers and learn their art of wine-making.
Toast the Future Wineries for Friday March 1st: A.Rafanelli Winery, Francis Ford Coppola Winery, Limerick Lane Cellars
Toast the Future Wineries for Friday March 8th: Gary Farrell Winery, Seghesio Family Vineyards, Thomas George Estate
You must purchase a separate ticket for this event. Toast the Future Ticket includes a Weekend Event Ticket, there are no designated driver ticket options for this special event. Toast the Future wineries participate only during the Friday Night event, they are NOT event weekend participants.
All Wine Road events are for adults only… NO ONE under the age of 21 is allowed to attend Barrel Tasting -including no babies or children of any age
More information about the event:
GOOGLE MAP – BT 2019 Map
LODGINGS: Book a Lodging for the Event Weekend Here
MAPS Click on the Maps tab to create a custom, printable event map & itinerary.
PARTICIPANTS See the WINERY locations that are participating in this year’s event.
PROGRAM including winery name, location, and event details
EVENT INFORMATION – IMPORTANT
- PRINT IT OR SHOW IT – Your PDF Ticket at registration at your chosen starting winery
- You are required to select your starting winery, then are welcome to visit any & all of the wineries that are participating in this year’s event throughout the weekend
- Please note the Check-In location listed. This is the only winery you will be able to check in at.
- Each participating winery is limited to 50 check-in registrations. When a winery has sold out as a check-in their winery name is “crossed out” on the list and will not be able to accept any more check-ins
- Wineries with an * next to their name have requested no groups of 8 or more and no limos
- All buses are banned from Wine Road events. A van is not a bus, but a bus of any size is just that – a bus.
Buses are not allowed. Wineries will turn you away at the parking lot.
- Be prepared to show your wristband at each winery you visit to let wineries know you’ve checked-in & are an event participant
- You will need to keep your wristband on for both days
- Ticket admits 1 person into the event
- Be prepared to show your photo I.D. – No I.D. = no admittance
- All Wine Road events are for adults only… NO ONE under the age of 21 is allowed to attend Barrel Tasting –this also applies to babies or children of any age
- If you lose or forget your glass it will be $5.00 for a new one
- No replacement for lost wristbands, a new one must be purchased
- Please do not bring dogs to Barrel Tasting
- Each person in your party will need to be present when checking in, wineries need to check ID’s (for age) & attach wristbands to each attendee
- Sunday Only tickets will be able to check-in on Sunday only
- Participating wineries will stop pouring at 4:00 on event weekends, even if their normal tasting hours are later
- Please Help Us With Our Goal Of Responsible Wine Service… No winery will continue to serve or sell wine to any guest who appears intoxicated, even if they have a limo or designated driver. It is against the law.
- Event takes place Rain or Shine
- Designated Drivers will not be served any wine, they will be offered other beverages to drink. At check-in they are given a different color wristband and a Wine Road mug instead of a wineglass.
- “Share the Responsibility” In an effort towards responsible hospitality, if you and your companion would like to switch between a Weekend and Designated Driver ticket, just ask that your wristbands be cut off at your first stop on Sunday and new ones assigned for your use.
REFUND POLICY: Sales are FINAL and non-refundable. No full or partial refunds are given to customers who will miss the event. The ticket is valid only on the date[s] of the event as listed and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates.
Be aware of those around you as you wait at the tasting bar for your sample, make room for others to enjoy the experience as well.
We recommend limiting the number of wines you sample at each winery and we encourage you to take advantage of dump buckets provided for excess wine.
Below are the links to buy your Barrel Tasting Tickets. Advance Ticket Sales End on February 25th at 11pm.
1st Weekend Tickets
2nd Weekend Tickets
Barrel Tasting 2019 Participating Wineries
Barrel Tasting Program will be posted by February 18, 2019
(F) indicates barrel tasting on Friday as well as Sat & Sun
* indicates no groups of 8 or more
ACORN Winery/Alegría Vineyards * (F)
Alexander Valley Vineyards * (F)
Armida Winery * (F)
Balletto Vineyards (F)
Battaglini Estate Winery *
Carol Shelton Wines (F)
Cast Wines * (F)
Chalk Hill Estate
Char Vale Vineyards (F)
Christopher Creek Winery * (F)
Clos du Bois Winery *
Colagrossi Wines * (F)
D’Argenzio Winery * (F)
David Coffaro Vineyard & Winery (F)
Davis Family Vineyards * (F)
De La Montanya Winery (F) – 1st Weekend Only
DeLoach Vineyards * (F)
deLorimier Winery * (F)
F. Teldschi Winery
Fog Crest Vineyard (F)
Friedeman Wines * (F) – 1st Weekend Only
G&C Lurton Vineyards * (F)
Geyser Peak Winery * (F)
HANNA Winery & Vineyards * (F) – 1st Weekend Only
HANNA Winery & Vineyards * (F) – 1st Weekend Only
Harts Desire Wines (F)
Harvest Moon Estate & Winery (F)
Hawley Winery – 1st Weekend Only
Holdredge Wines (F)
Hook & Ladder Winery (F)
Hudson Street Wineries (F) – 1st Weekend Only
Inspiration Vineyards & Winery (F)
J. Rickards Winery (F) – 1st Weekend Only
K Squared Cellars (F)
Kelley & Young Wines * (F)
Kobler Estate Winery * (F)
Korbel Champagne Cellars * – 1st Weekend Only
Lancaster Estate *
Lauterbach Cellars * (F)
Locals Tasting Room (F)
Longboard Vineyards (F) – 1st Weekend Only
Manzanita Creek Winery * (F)
Martorana Family Winery * (F)
Matrix Winery *
Mazzocco Sonoma Winery * (F)
Meeker * (F) – 1st Weekend Only
Mercury Geyserville * (F)
Merriam Vineyards * (F)
Mill Creek Vineyards & Winery * (F)
Moshin Vineyards * (F) – 1st Weekend Only
Mounts Family Winery * (F)
Mutt Lynch Winery * (F)
Notre Vue Estate Winery & Vineyards (F) – 1st Weekend Only
Old World Winery * (F)
Optima Winery (F) – 1st Weekend Only
Pech Merle Tasting Lounge (F)
Pedroncelli Winery * (F)
Pezzi King Vineyards *
Portalupi Wine * (F)
Porter Creek Vineyards * (F)
Premonition Cellars (F)
Ramazzotti Wines * (F)
Rockpile Vineyards *
Roth Estate Winery
Rued Winery * (F) – 1st Weekend Only
Sapphire Hill * (F) – 1st Weekend Only
Selby Winery * (F)
SIMI Winery *
Soda Rock * (F)
Sonoma-Cutrer Vineyards (F) – 1st Weekend Only
Spicy Vines (F)
Starlite Vineyards (F)
Stephen & Walker * (F)
Sunce Winery (F)
Super Sonoman Wine * (F)
Truett Hurst * (F)
Viszlay Estate Vineyards * (F)
VML * (F)
West Wines * (F)
White Oak Vineyards & Winery – 1st Weekend Only
Wine Guerrilla (F) – 1st Weekend Only
ZO Wines * (F) – 1st Weekend Only