Barrel Tasting 2019
Wine Road – Northern Sonoma County
BARREL TASTING – TWO WEEKENDS…..
March 1-3 & March 8-10, 2019
11:00 am – 4:00 pm each day
Tickets Go On Sale January 22, 2019
Members of the Wine Road would like to welcome you to our wineries and lodgings for an exciting weekend of wine tasting. This is your chance to sample wines from the barrel, talk to winemakers and explore the beautiful Alexander, Dry Creek and Russian River Valleys.
Barrel Tasting is not a food pairing or themed event. It’s all about the WINE…many wineries offer “futures” on their barrel samples. This is a chance to purchase wine now, often at a discount, then come back to the winery when the wine is bottled, typically 12-18 months from now. Many wines are so limited, buying futures is your only chance to purchase them.
Attendees are encouraged to pack a picnic as most wineries will not have food for this event. The ticket price includes the opportunity to sample wine from the barrel and in most cases also trying a limited number of current release wines.
This is not a wine tasting experience, simply breakfast and conversation. Tickets are $20 plus tax and fees.
All Wine Road events are for adults only… NO ONE under the age of 21 is allowed to attend Barrel Tasting -including no babies or children of any age
More information about the event:
LODGINGS: Book a Lodging for the Event Weekend Here
MAPS Click on the Maps tab to create a custom, printable event map & itinerary.
PARTICIPANTS See the WINERY locations that are participating in this year’s event.
PROGRAM including winery name, location, and event details
EVENT INFORMATION – IMPORTANT
- PRINT IT OR SHOW IT – Your PDF Ticket at registration at your chosen starting winery
- You are required to select your starting winery, then are welcome to visit any & all of the wineries that are participating in this year’s event throughout the weekend
- Please note the Check-In location listed. This is the only winery you will be able to check in at.
- Each participating winery is limited to 50 check-in registrations. When a winery has sold out as a check-in their winery name is “crossed out” on the list and will not be able to accept any more check-ins
- Wineries with an * next to their name have requested no groups of 8 or more and no limos
- All buses are banned from Wine Road events. A van is not a bus, but a bus of any size is just that – a bus.
Buses are not allowed. Wineries will turn you away at the parking lot.
- Be prepared to show your wristband at each winery you visit to let wineries know you’ve checked-in & are an event participant
- You will need to keep your wristband on for both days
- Ticket admits 1 person into the event
- Be prepared to show your photo I.D. – No I.D. = no admittance
- All Wine Road events are for adults only… NO ONE under the age of 21 is allowed to attend Barrel Tasting –this also applies to babies or children of any age
- If you lose or forget your glass it will be $5.00 for a new one
- No replacement for lost wristbands, a new one must be purchased
- Please do not bring dogs to Barrel Tasting
- Each person in your party will need to be present when checking in, wineries need to check ID’s (for age) & attach wristbands to each attendee
- Sunday Only tickets will be able to check-in on Sunday only
- Participating wineries will stop pouring at 4:00 on event weekends, even if their normal tasting hours are later
- Please Help Us With Our Goal Of Responsible Wine Service… No winery will continue to serve or sell wine to any guest who appears intoxicated, even if they have a limo or designated driver. It is against the law.
- Event takes place Rain or Shine
- Designated Drivers will not be served any wine, they will be offered other beverages to drink. At check-in they are given a different color wristband and a Wine Road mug instead of a wineglass.
- “Share the Responsibility” In an effort towards responsible hospitality, if you and your companion would like to switch between a Weekend and Designated Driver ticket, just ask that your wristbands be cut off at your first stop on Sunday and new ones assigned for your use.
REFUND POLICY: Sales are FINAL and non-refundable. No full or partial refunds are given to customers who will miss the event. The ticket is valid only on the date[s] of the event as listed and may not be exchanged or redeemed for any other dates.
Be aware of those around you as you wait at the tasting bar for your sample, make room for others to enjoy the experience as well.
We recommend limiting the number of wines you sample at each winery and we encourage you to take advantage of dump buckets provided for excess wine.
Barrel Tasting 2019 Participating Wineries will be Posted by January 7, 2019
(F) indicates barrel tasting on Friday as well as Sat & Sun
* indicates no groups of 8 or more
Event Map will be Posted by January 7, 2019
Event Program will be Posted by February 18, 2019
Wine Road ~ Barrel Tasting 2019
F = Participating on Friday
* = no groups of 8 or more