Wine Road Executive Board Meeting
Jan. 11 2018 9:00am
Wine Road Office – Upstairs
MINUTES – Draft Pending Approval
9:00 Call to order. Members present: Carla Jeffries, Robin Calkins, Aaron Krug, John Viszlay, Carri Holdredge, Beth Costa. Robert Conard excused/ill.
9:05 Treasurer’s Report – Review Budget proposal.
2018 Budget approved. Budget may be modified after a possible high-level analysis of WR’s marketing programs; analysis to be completed prior to April 2018 Retreat.
9:30 Office update:
Auction – Launching Feb. 8 through Barrel Weekend.
CPR Training: Available now, offered via Event Brite
Access: Postponed launch date to August 2018. The name Access will be replaced prior to launch. Reduced 2018 revenue projection by 50%.
Seminars: 70 attendees already signed up for BT seminar. 70 signed up for Hospitality seminar.
Map: Printing soon (last call for edits).
Elections: Need at least one candidate for Hotels (to replace Aaron); looking for at least two Winery candidates to run against incumbents (Julia and Robert).
9:50 Retreat Agenda ideas
- Possible Artificial Intelligence presentation. This speaker also to offer the seminar to winery/lodging members.
- Review possible high-level marketing analysis to determine where WR should be focusing marketing resources.
- Presentation from sharp Marketer to generate ideas
- Marketing Moderator to lead discussion of ideas & planning of WR programs.
- Scott to facilitate overall meeting
- Beth to explore costs associated with marketing analysis and speakers.
- Date: April 18 & 19, located at Sonoma Vintner’s Inn
- Winter WINEland: Tickets sales off by only 140 tickets. May sell another 1,000 at the door.
- Rancho Mirage: 8 wineries currently signed up
- Barrel Tasting: Will launch the Tues after Winter Wineland; 110 wineries signed up
- Cleveland: Still waiting on a date – possibly May 2018.
- Esprit du Rhône: May 18th, promoting at upcoming travel trade show in San Mateo.
10:20 Public Relations – on the road . See new annual calendar. Rotating topics across all platforms to keep readers engaged.
10:30 Old Business
- WR app. Still working on updates.
- Comp Tasting Passes, First Responders: Distributed 4,000 passes for Winter Wineland. They can check-in at any participating winery.
- BevX – Beth is a speaker. Held in Washington DC, Feb. 2018 (all expenses paid by Bev X).
10:40 New Business:
Opportunity to showcase WR’s Barrel Tasting via Discovery Channel’s television show “Winemaker’s Uncorked”. Producer looking for 9 wineries; each winery receives three minute segment for $10K. WR would take buy one segment. To be filmed in March 2018. Program is dependent upon producer’s ability to sign up wineries.
Full Board February 8th, 9:00 WR Office